Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

Delays but still willing

We were told by the home study agency that Donna had to see five specialists in two weeks and have the reports from the specialists on the home study's desk in that two week period. We decided that there was no way we could get the reports done that quickly. This was due by the 15th of October. We found out on the 18th that the home study had shut down. They closed at the end of September and we did not hear anything from them and still have not. We found this out through an adoption meeting we attend once a month. There were reports from several people in our group that they had not been satisfied with the services they were getting from the home study, including us. Now we are told there is another home study agency that is going to take over their place. This home study has been established for some time. We have heard that they are willing to take on the cases from the home study that shut down. At this point are thoughts are that this is who we are going to work with. They are not licensed in Indiana at this time but we are hoping they will be in the next several months. We are still continuing with fundraisers including Goat's milk soap and others that will be coming up.
This has been a tough time for our family and are thankful for friends and family that have been there with us through this time.
It is hard for us knowing there are children hungry physically and emotionally and just wanting a place to belong. The delays have been difficult but we know God has a plan and we are just a small portion of it. This helps us continue to be willing to move forward. Denny

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Update from Home Study

We received an email from our home study several weeks ago. They said at that point we would not be approved to adopt two children and they would consider whether we could adopt even one. There were some issues they had and they wanted Donna to see five different specialists before they would approve adopting one. We sent an email to our adoption agency and she said she wanted to follow up with the home study group. The adoption agency wanted us to answer the issues the home study had by us sending an email to the adoption agency. The adoption agency called the home study and responded back to us that it seemed there were some communication issues that could be resolved and we should send our concerns to the home study. We sent the same letter to the home study that we had sent to the adoption agency. We received a response back this past Friday, Sept 30, that they had not changed their mind and we needed to have their requests met by October 15 or they will close our case. Trying to get five specialists visits and their reports back in that time is not really achievable and we believe the home study knows this. We are unsure what to do at this point. It seems that even if we could go and complete the visits to the specialists that the home study already has their mind made up. We do not understand this situation but we are leaving it with the Lord. We know He understands every situation we face and He will take care of it. We would appreciate your prayers for where we go from here. We know if this door closes God can open another one. We are still in His hands and ready to obey wherever He chooses to send us.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Want to make everyone aware of this upcoming event.

Dinner and Silent Auction for Kost adoption
.Time Friday, August 5 · 5:00pm - 8:00pm


Location Christ's Community Church of the Nazarene
4920 Charlestown Road


Created By Denny Donna Kost


More Info As a request those of you that would be willing to ask businesses that you frequently do business to donate a basket or gift card that would be appreciated. We want everyone to come and have a good time. Updates to follow as we get more information. Invite as many people as you can to this event. It will greatly help us. Pray for the event as well. Any ideas anyone has are greatly appreciated as well.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Under Construction

We are new to blogging so we are still trying to get this thing going. Thanks for your patience and interest in following our journey.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Home study

We just came home from our first interview of our home study. It seemed to go real well. We will have another home visit next week or the week after. Thanks everyone for your continued prayer. Also our blog has been updated. Thanks for those who take an interest in it and thanks for your continued prayers.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

May Update

Since the last time we have posted a lot has happened. We now have enough paperwork turned in to have a homestudy done. They will contact us sometime this coming week to let us know when it will happen.
The people I work with donated $625.00 this week!! It is amazing the things God is doing to help us complete our journey.
Yesterday, Donna's mom, Doris, sold soap and made $200.00. This included donations.
We are in the process of getting our house in order for the homestudy. Lots of cleaning to do.
Thanks to everyone for the help and prayers and donations. We really appreciate all of it.